Thursday 6 August 2015

The Historic Castle

I see the crumbly, crooked, cracked stairs and the ravishing rebellious ravens encircling the majestic castle. The twilight sky closes around the abandoned island.

A powerful burst  of the demolished historic castle swarms through my nose with a hint of the brackish sea breeze.

A strong whistle of the ancient, dusty air hovers through my mouth and around me, making a nebulous cloud spoiling the view, and I can also taste the chilled fresh air.

I hear the humming wind as it dances and swirls around and through the castle. And the screeching ravens breaking my ears with their horrible screams.

 

I feel the dense chalky cracked stairs dig into my shoes, and the delicate wind brush across my face, I wonder how old this ancient castle is and if it will still be here for another century.

No comments:

Post a Comment