Sunday 17 May 2015


Trenchers Gallipoli
4th  april 1915

Dear family,

I miss you all so much and think of you everyday, I wish I could come home, but I have to stay and do my job.

Everyday I have to see my best friends vanish in front  of my eyes. the sky is like millions of trees burning all at once, the colour of the plants have faded away. I sometimes fall through the cracks that the sun has left behind. But everyday I watch the sun go  to sleep behind the hills.

But noises I here are the worst I here enormous explosions erupting everywhere, cracking noises come from the burning bushes. The wounded soldiers shriek in pain, the ear-spitting gun shots come from all directions there is chaos everywhere.

Everyday I feel exhausted I get no sleep, my stomach screams as loud as a bear’s growl. My mouth is as dry as the desert, they treat us like pawns on a chessboard, I shiver every night from the icy cold wind, I hope I will see everybody soon .

Love Giulia        

No comments:

Post a Comment